Cobb Mixed Bonspiel (mixed)Thursday-Sunday, February 20-23, 2020
An international bonspiel with extensive social activities for out-of-town teams and selected Utica teams (based on performance in the Mixed Championship). There are six medal events and a 4-game guarantee. Trophy presentations: President's Cup, winner of the first event; Curler's Cooler, runner-up of the first event; Silver Tassie, winner of the second event; The Ice Box, winner of the third event; and Friendship Trophy, winner of the fourth event.
ChairsKnyoca & Conrad Law
3 Samoset Dr.
Whitesboro, NY 13492
Information and Entry Form2019 Entry Form
Participant release form
Thursday Feb 21st
- Opening Buffet 5-8 PM
- Opening Draws 4:00, 6:30 and 8:45 PM
Friday Feb 22nd
- Continental Breakfast 7:30AM – 10:45 AM
- Draws: 8:15AM to 3:45PM
- Toddy Bowl 7- 8PM
- Banquet Dinner 8PM
- Entertainment & Band to follow
Saturday Feb 23rd
- Continental Breakfast: 7:15 AM – 10:15 AM
- Draws 8:00 AM to 3:15 PM
- House parties at UCC members homes: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Semifinals: 8:30 PM
- Band 9:30 PM – 12:30AM
Sunday Feb 24th
- Continental Breakfast: 7:30 AM – 11 AM
- Semi finals: 8:30 AM
- Finals: 11:15 AM
- Awards: 2 PM
LodgingHampton Inn and Suites
201 Woods Park Drive
Clinton, NY 13323
$TBD, includes breakfast (5 min from club)
4760 Middle Settlement Road
Whitesboro, NY 13492
$TBD Studio King
$TBD Double Queen
Includes breakfast (4 minutes from club)
1777 Burrstone Road
New Hartford, NY 13413
Includes breakfast (10 minutes from club)
2019 Cobb Rules
- This is a competitive bonspiel, with extensive social activities, including out of town teams and selected Utica teams as based on the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP. There are six medal events.
- Any curler who participates as a regular member of a MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP team that accepts a COBB BONSPIEL invitation and fails to play in the event without good cause shall be barred from the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP and COBB BONSPIEL for a period of one year.
- Should any skip require any substitutions on their rink, they will be assigned BY THE EVENT CHAIR in accordance with the following order of precedence:
- Members of Utica 7 (runner up of second event)
- Members of Utica 8 (runner up of third event)
- Members of Utica 9 (runner up of fourth event)
- If Utica 7, 8 etc. are used as teams to fill the bonspiel, subs will come from the next eligible teams. Any eligible substitute that declines and/or is not available to sub will fall into the general substitution pool.
- Members of the UCC may play as members of other clubs, as long as they have not participated in the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP as either regular team members or substitutes. Fifty percent of the team must be made up of non-UCC members.
- Five or six person teams are allowed, limited to one male and/or one female, but each person must pay the bonspiel entry fee.
- The order of application receipt shall determine acceptance for out of town teams.
- The COBB BONSPIEL is an invitational event, the committee reserves the right to decline any invitation that, in its opinion, is not in the best interest of the event.
- Any disputes and/or situations shall be resolved at the sole discretion of the event chairs.
- Trophy presentations:
- Presidents Bowl- winner of first event
- Curlers Cooler, runner up of first event
- Silver Tassie, winner of the second event
- The Ice Box, winner of the third event
- Friendship Trophy, winner of the fourth event