College CurlingCollege Curling is intended to provide ice time and instruction for college students who want to learn to curl or form a competitive team. All individuals participating in college curling activities must be full-time college students and paid members of the Utica Curling Club.
First Half: Sundays, Oct. 14-December 16, TBD
Second Half: Sundays, January 20-March 10, TBD
Instructors: Mary Jane Walsh & Roger Rowlett, USCA Certified Level II Instructors, Vicki Sheardown, Becky Schewe
What to bring: Wear clean, warm, flexible, loose-fitting clothes (think sweats, not blue jeans). Bring a pair of athletic shoes (sneakers or tennis shoes) with clean soles or a pair of curling shoes (see below). Please do not ride/drive to the club in the shoes that you will curl in, and either change into your pants at the club or roll-up your pant legs until you get inside. Clean ice is good ice! Brushes will be provided or can be purchased. A limited number of grippers and sliders can be borrowed from the club when playing in Utica.
What to purchase: It is highly recommended that each student purchase two grippers and either a slip-on slider or a gripper-slider. A pair of curling shoes should be your first big purchase; a broom your second.
Release formsMust be signed before you can go on the ice
- Adult participant release form (18 years or older)
- Minor participant release form (less than 18 years old) MUST be signed by a parent May be scanned and emailed to collegecurling at uticacurlingclub.org, but the original must be brought with you by your second time on the ice.
- College and College Plus curlers register using this form coming soon.
- If you are joining as an Associate or half season member, use the standard UCC membership application form and mail the form and membership fee to the address on the form.
- Also register with USCA, so that your school and teams are eligible to earn points. Link will be posted when ready.
Other College Qualifying EventsGNCC Calendar (sort by type and college events will appear on top
USA Curling College Central
USA College Curling ChampionshipMarch 8-10, 2019 at the Broomstones Curling Club, Wayland, MA.
Teams qualify by earning points by playing in qualifying bonspiels and playing "head to head" games with other schools. For more information, see the 2018-19 United States College and University Curling Championship Rules or go to http://www.collegecurlingusa.org/. Standard USCA Rules of Play are used in all events.
Other college bonspiels in the East can located on the GNCC calendar and the USCA College Curling website. Not on either calendar? Send your event to M.J. Walsh (GNCC) and Gordon Maclean (USCA)