King's CupA fun mixed league with 6-end games. Dedicated to Jim and Marie King, long-time members and supporters of mixed curling. The Spirit of Curling Award will be bestowed on a team that mentors new curlers, exhibits fair play and good sportsmanship, and makes the game enjoyable.
When: Fridays, 4:30 pm, 6:15 pm; 8:00 pm; 2nd half Fridays, TBA
Chairs: Joyce Shaffer, Jennifer Turner
Teams and Schedule4:30 PM draw Subs
6:15 PM draw Subs
8:00 PM draw Subs
|Week 1||Week 3||Week 5||Week 7|
|Week 2||Week 4||Week 6||Final|
Spirit of Curling Award Winnersfall 2016 (5:30): Joyce Shaffer, Jim Dell'Anno, Laura Lake, Dan Simon
fall 2016 (7:30): Jerry Stevens, Marena Taverne, Dave Preznya, Kimberly Lambing
spring 2016 (5:30): Bob Prenoveau
spring 2016 (7:30): Joel Scherer
fall 2015 (5:30): Fred Hicks, Jan Rishel, Pat Milhako, Marianne Turczyn*
spring 2014 (7:30): Bob Burnett, Liz Nolan, Dave Mitchell, Israel Acosta*
Historical ResultsThe King's Cup was a medal event prior to Fall 2014
Previous WinnersThe King's Cup was a medal event prior to Fall 2014
2013: Roger Rowlett, Knyoca Law, Mike DiMeo, Jeff White
2012: Mike Swiercz, Erlene Puleo, Joe Puleo, Dee Pfohl
2011: Bob Caine, Diane Caine, Rich Wielgosz, Mary Boak
2010: Eric Hauser, Laura Jacon, Tom Platt Sr., Ann Kebabian
2009: Bob Burnett, M.J. Walsh, Jerry Stevens, Jim Barefoot
2008: Don Knapp, M.J. Walsh, Bill Turner, Erin Hauser
2007: Karen Rogowski, Mike Kessler, Kim Freely, Pete Callari
2006: Don Knapp, Teale LaBarbera, Alex Ryan*, Rachel Ryan*
2005: Kathy Davis, John Davis, Teale LaBarbara, Bob Prenoveau
2004: Pat Costello, Brenda Card, Tomm Platt Sr., Marty Jones
2003: Vinnie Grove, Heather Swiercz, Tom Platt Sr., Cameo Voltz*
2001: Bill Morehouse, Ginger Zillioux, Doug Pens, Eileen Pens
2000: John Davis, Jane Jones, Tom Fritz, Nancy Guido
*denotes new curler (when known)
King's Cup Standing Rules
- This is the fun mixed league that runs the 1st & 2nd half of the year. The winner of the Jim King Spirit of Curling Award will be determined at the discretion of the Mixed Committee. The Spirit of Curling Award will go to a team from each draw, each half, that mentor new curlers, exhibits fair play, good sportsmanship and makes the game enjoyable.
- Games are six ends with skips shot to the button in the event of a tie.
- Sub Rules: When a team member is away on a bonspiel, four 4 subs are allowed. Under no circumstances can a team be composed of 4 men or 4 women, or the game will be declared a forfeit. At the Chair’s discretion, teams do not have to be man/women format. When possible, there should be a man/women in the skip and third position. In the Spirit of Curling, substitutes for all positions should be of equal skill level or less to the player being replaced. All substitutes in the finals must be approved by the King’s Cup Chairs. In the finals, if Skip and Third are not available, the Chairs will approve comparable substitutes and the front end will be allowed to play.
- A new curler is considered 3 years and under. Each team will be assigned a new curler according to membership and discretion of the chairs.
Twelve teams will play in the finals, Friday, December 14, 6:00pm.
- Four (4) of the top winners from EACH of the three (3) draws will play in the finals.
- We will use the SAME tiebreaker rules as the Mixed uses.
- First - Most Games won
- Second - Most Ends won
- Third - Fewest Points to opposition
- Then - Flip a coin